The Internet Days are one of Sweden’s most important meeting places for individuals who work with the Internet in various ways. On November 25-26, 2013, we will once again congregate at the Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre to be inspired, learn and network.
At the Internet Days, people who shape the Internet today and in the future will meet. This year, we will shift from a classic conference to a forum – a meeting place – where a number of events with various organizers will commence simultaneously. A total of about 15 different events, with a focus on the Internet from various perspective, will take place.
As a visitor, you will be able to select the event in which you are most interested and then participate during the day. In other words, you will be able to attend a total of two events during the two Internet Days. Most events are held in swedish.
The following events will take place during the Internet Days:
- Federated identity: Federated solutions for simple and safe logins
- Domain names: Trends in the domain market
- IT and Entrepreneurship: Swedish Startup Sessions
- WordPress: A day with WordPress
- Open data: Open Data – trends in 2014
- Internet in schools: Student online integity
- Digital inclusion: The Digidel campaign
- Web Publishing: Content is King
- API: Nordic APIs for business
- ISOC-SE: Ensuring the continued evolution and growth of the Internet for everyone
- IPv6: IPv6 – ready for deployment!
- Internet Discovery Day
- Security: Incidents – What should we do when that which must not happen yet happens?
- Digital lifestyle: Our digital lifes
We are proud to present four fantastic Keynotes:
- Jimmy Wales, founder Wikipedia
- Jane McGonigal, game designer and futurist, advisor and affiliate researcher with the Institute For The Future
- Rebecca MacKinnon, Senior Research Fellow, New America Foundation, Author.
- Jono Bacon, Ubuntu Community Manager, Canonical
14th consecutive year
The Internet Days are organized by .SE (The Internet Infrastructure Foundation), an independent organization that are responsible for .se, the Internet’s top Swedish domain and promotes the positive development of the Internet in Sweden. Internetdagarna 2013 will be the 14th in succession.
We feel that one of the major benefits of participating at the conferences is the opportunity to meet within and across industrial borders and areas of interest. Consequently, all events at the Internet Days will share lunch, coffee breaks and mingle activities. In addition, all visitors to the Internet Days will also be able to listen to inspirational world-class keynotes, which will start and close each day.
What will it cost?
The aim for .SE is to enable as many as possible of those who want to participate in the Internet Days to have a reasonable chance of doing so without being stopped by their wallets. Accordingly, we have reduced the price significantly this year. Attending the Internet Days will cost SEK 1,000 for one day and SEK 2,000 for two days (excluding VAT).
If you have any questions, please contact the project manager of Internetdagarna – Niklas Serén.